Seeking Communication Coordinator

November 16th, 2022

Job Summary:

The Communication Coordinator is responsible for projects related to successfully executing Watauga Humane Society communication plans. This role uses a creative approach to engage the community through a variety of communications tactics that are aligned with the Watauga Humane Society mission and brand.

Essential Duties & Responsibilities:

Social Media

  • Manages all Watauga Humane Society social media accounts
  • Must be comfortable and confident working in Meta Business Suite for Instagram and Facebook, and be confident creating content for TikTok
  • Strong eye for photography and videography with the ability to take great photographs and shoot short video that can be optimized for TikTik or Instagram reels
  • Must Be able to work in conjunction with board/staff recommendations to create content and build out social media campaigns, yet also must be confident working independently
  • Monitors and builds online relationships through social media platforms
  • Works to expand support base by regularly posting and engaging with people online
  • Monitors analytics and creates reports detailing the successes and failure of communications campaigns and strategies
  • Stays up to date on industry trends and makes recommendations for adjustments to communications and strategies and practices
  • Ensures consistent messaging across platforms

Email

  • Must be confident with or willing to learn how to work with Constant Contact for email and communications
  • Design digital newsletters and other digital assets for email marketing and/or communications campaigns

Traditional Marketing

  • Design traditional marketing materials such as flyers and print newsletters
  • Distribute print marketing materials within the local community

Other Communications

  • Update and edit website copy
  • Write press releases
  • Coordinate interviews with press

Approximately 75% of time in this position will be spent on social media communications with the other 25% split on email, traditional marketing, and other forms of communication.

Availability:

The ideal candidate should have weekly flexibility and availability to occasionally work weekends. This is a hybrid position with the ability to work some from home, but a local candidate is preferred as there will be times when you will need to be in our physical location.

Qualifications:

  • 2+ years of experience in a communications or marketing role preferred but not required; willing to train the right candidate
  • Excels in time management, organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
  • Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
  • Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, must be self-motivated
  • Exceptional photography/videography skills
  • Some experience with graphic software programs, like Canva, and capable of creating visually compelling presentations and graphic designs
  • Knowledge of email marketing software such as Constant Contact or a similar program

To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and letter of interest to Communication Coordinator - Boone, NC 28607 - Indeed.com.

Job Type: Part-time

Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour