The Communication Coordinator is responsible for projects related to successfully executing Watauga Humane Society communication plans. This role uses a creative approach to engage the community through a variety of communications tactics that are aligned with the Watauga Humane Society mission and brand.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages all Watauga Humane Society social media accounts
- Must be comfortable and confident working in Meta Business Suite for Instagram and Facebook, and be confident creating content for TikTok
- Strong eye for photography and videography with the ability to take great photographs and shoot short video that can be optimized for TikTik or Instagram reels
- Must Be able to work in conjunction with board/staff recommendations to create content and build out social media campaigns, yet also must be confident working independently
- Monitors and builds online relationships through social media platforms
- Works to expand support base by regularly posting and engaging with people online
- Monitors analytics and creates reports detailing the successes and failure of communications campaigns and strategies
- Stays up to date on industry trends and makes recommendations for adjustments to communications and strategies and practices
- Ensures consistent messaging across platforms
- Must be confident with or willing to learn how to work with Constant Contact for email and communications
- Design digital newsletters and other digital assets for email marketing and/or communications campaigns
- Design traditional marketing materials such as flyers and print newsletters
- Distribute print marketing materials within the local community
- Update and edit website copy
- Write press releases
- Coordinate interviews with press
Approximately 75% of time in this position will be spent on social media communications with the other 25% split on email, traditional marketing, and other forms of communication.
The ideal candidate should have weekly flexibility and availability to occasionally work weekends. This is a hybrid position with the ability to work some from home, but a local candidate is preferred as there will be times when you will need to be in our physical location.
- 2+ years of experience in a communications or marketing role preferred but not required; willing to train the right candidate
- Excels in time management, organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, must be self-motivated
- Exceptional photography/videography skills
- Some experience with graphic software programs, like Canva, and capable of creating visually compelling presentations and graphic designs
- Knowledge of email marketing software such as Constant Contact or a similar program
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and letter of interest to Communication Coordinator - Boone, NC 28607 - Indeed.com.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour